Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Deja-vu

Did Bill Watterson somehow see the future??.....there are 2 ppl who'll understand why i'm posting this.
Sometimes in ur life, you meet someone or something with whom/which you bond INSTANTLY. You are ready to do whatever it takes to ensure that things turn out right.....u wish for things to BECOME right with every fibre of your being.
I met my "little racoon" (a little mongoose) in the winter of 2001...and the similarities between Calvin's story and mine are just TOO uncanny. I found him when I was playing with julie in our courtyard. Like Calvin, I put him in a shoe box and tried feeding him (but to no avail). By the 2nd day, he recognised my touch......Though he had grown really weak, I started thinking of the times that lay ahead...him by my side, hale and hearty, sitting on my shoulder, nibbling on my ear, getting on julie and comet's nerves :)
He died the next day......Like Calvin, it tore me up, primarily because it was my fault that he died (i...er....overfed him)

maybe it was a test that i was put through, to see how i handle the sudden passing of someone (or someTHING) I really care about........I think i scored a D

Like calvin, I'm glad i met the little thing..........................he's still there inside me.











8 comments:

  1. Awww.. I had a turtle Micro-Angelo who died cuz I overfed him :( Um so sorry for your loss Monk...
    But hey Calvin aint going anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we teased u and never let on that we were sad too, but then u were sad enough for the three of us put together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @palak-- thank you for your condolences

    @pcube-- HA HA HA :-|
    my "tummy" hurts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do not die because someone is dead but live because others are still alive....
    And if I may quote "But hey Calvin aint going anywhere!!"

    ReplyDelete